My day to day life with my little trooper and our daily battle and treatment of MCAD

Friday, April 9, 2010

There's a first for everything

We saw the Dr.Robertson on Wednesday. She said his weight gain was no good. He gained half an ounce in two weeks. She wants him plumped up so she told me to feed him avocado, full fat yogurt and whipped cream!!! Needless to say, he is enjoying his new diet. We mix the cereal as normal, with our formula and polycose mixture (he is getting extra polycose right now because he is sick) then we add a bit of whipped cream... yummmm. He's not a huge fan of avocado, but we are going to try harder after he is better. Right now I am just giving him whatever he will eat to avoid a trip to the hospital.



We have another doctors appointment in two weeks so I will probably update on his weight gain then. He is currently 17 lbs 2 ounces.


Today is day 3 of Parker's first major sickness. He was sick once so far, it was a slight fever and a stuffy nose. A few days later he popped a couple teeth out. This cold so far is different. He has a very flemy cough and a very runny nose.

I am a wreck. I came down with the cold the day before Parker did. I woke up on Tuesday morning and both my boys had runny noses, fevers and were coughing their heads off. Ever since then I am soooo sleep deprived. I have to feed Parker every 2 hours. The first night I set an alarm. I do not remember turning it off, or if I fed him. I woke up and cried my eyes out. I felt like the worst mom in the world and actually wanted to take him to the hospital just so I didn't have to feed him every 2 hours because I was so sick and exhausted. So for the last 2 nights Cody and I have slept in shifts. I found this much easier. I would stay up all night feeding him every 2 hours and reading in between. Then around 6 or 7 Cody would get up and take Parker. I only got to sleep about a 4 hour stretch, but it was much better than worrying all night long and not knowing if I was going to wake up. Cody feeds him some solids in the morning so I get that bit of extra sleep and I had a couple naps with him while Cody had Jack. Luckily today I woke up and felt much better. Jackson is feeling a bit better too, but the cough he has sounds pretty harsh. Parker's cough sounds exactly the same and he is still pretty stuffy. He is napping a lot and the fever is almost gone so I think he may be on the mend. I sure hope so. Their cousin is coming into town and I hope they will get to see each other. It seems like everyone is getting sick these days so I am trying my hardest to keep them healthy. I don't feel like I dealt with him very well this time, and I can't imagine what I am going to be like when he gets the stomach flu and has to go to the hospital. But I can't keep him healthy all the time, so I'll try and worry about that when the time comes and not right now. :)
Here is a pic of them both crashed in my bed, enjoying the humidifier. Poor little sickies

No comments:

Post a Comment