My day to day life with my little trooper and our daily battle and treatment of MCAD

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mess ups = Good news

I went to my doctors yesterday, thinking it was time for my appointment. Turns out, I was a week early. DARN!!! But, my doctor is awesome!! She took a quick look at Parker anyways.
After weighing in, finally some good news!! Parker has gained more weight in 10 days than he has in the last 5 weeks!!! A whole 10 ounces!! That's an ounce a day!! Must be his new feeding routine. More real food, more formula and less boobs on demand. He is really starting to enjoy the formula. I think it's because I came up with a recipe. 120ml water, 2 scoops formula, and 1 scoop of my special ingredient, Polycose!!! Polycose is a powder that tastes like sugar and we are supposed to add it to a bottle or food when he is sick and needs more energy and stuff to breakdown. 3 scoops of Polycose and 120 mls of water is what they want us to use when he is sick. During the last week and a half I have been using my recipe, and now Parker LOVES his formula. The Polycose makes it taste more like breast milk and less like powdered milk. With the recipe I make, he is not getting the entire polycose dose, but that's ok, because he isn't sick. But I feel good giving him a little extra stuff in his food, and I know he is getting enough energy in his body to use. I add my formula/polycose recipe to his baby cereal and in a bottle or sippy for him to drink while I feed him cereal. Then he gets a breast offered after his meal.

Finally he is gaining weight again and I feel much better about the whole thing. Appointment with the blood doctor is coming up... not looking forward to it, but hopefully we will find out whats going on with his blood tests coming back dehydrated. This little guy is a trooper for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment